add_shopping_cart Suggested Parts 2keyboard_arrow_down
MOOG parts come greased from the factory, but should also be greased at the time of installation. After installation, MOOG recommends greasing these parts at each oil change for the best service life.
Out of grease? No problem we've got you covered with this Lucas Xtra Heavy Duty Grease tube refill.
lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
Moog fulfills their warranty through their individual dealers. That means that in order to receive warranty support, you will have to refer back to the original dealer you purchased the part from. Be sure to check the dealer's warranty support before you buy the part to make sure that they will properly support the warranty. If a dealer will only refer you back to the manufacturer in order to receive warranty support, then you may not actually have any warranty at all.
Moog Premium Steering Components carry a Limited Lifetime Warranty. Moog R-Series Control Arms, Hub Assemblies, and Strut Assemblies carry a 3 Year Warranty.
Moog warranties their parts to be free of defects in materials and/or workmanship during these timeframes as measured from the date of purchase.
If a Moog part should fail due to materials or manufacturing defect while under warranty, we will provide a replacement of the part upon return of the defective part.
Moog Lower Ball Joint for Dodge Cars
OE Design Flaws
If you're experiencing vibration, steering wander, or clunking noises from the front of your Dodge then your front ball joints are likely going bad. The original ball joints in several Dodge Charger and Challenger year models have some design flaws that make them susceptible to premature wear and failure. On top of this some activities can wear out your ball joints sooner. Here are some common internal and external factors that can cause a ball joint to go bad too soon:
- Non-Greasable Design
- Polymer Socket
- Vulnerable Dust Boot
- Lowering the Vehicle
- Lots of Miles
Moog Problem Solver Design
If your ball joints are shot then you're going to need a replacement. Moog cares about getting their customers a longer lasting, better performing part and with their Problem Solver line, they have taken a look at all of the issues that customers have had with the OE ball joints on these Dodge vehicles and fixed them. The Moog K80996 Problem Solver Ball Joint uses better quality internal components and allows for grease maintenance, so you can feel confident that you are getting a replacement part that will function better than the original and last longer. Here are some of the benefits of choosing this Moog ball joint:
- Zerk fitting for easy grease service
- Metal Gusher Bearing for a strong, grease-permeable bearing
- Integral Dust Boot sits lower and is less likely to be damaged
Performance and Longevity
The simple fact is: ball joints eventually wear out, but some last longer than others. Moog Problem Solver ball joints have been shown to last 5X longer than their competition. So when you're looking for a replacement why would you go with another original when there is an option with benefits that increase the lifespan of the ball joint? If you're interested in helping your Dodge perform at it's best for as long as possible then Moog is the way to go.
Product Reviews for moog-k80996 | Front Lower Ball Joint | Dodge Charger | K80996
- 5 Star (1)
- 4 Star (0)
- 3 Star (0)
- 2 Star (0)
- 1 Star (0)
starstarstarstarstar" this part is great "
this part is very good is quality thanks !verified_user Verified Buyer - jean-maurice Lapierre - . MOOG moog-k80996 - 5 out of 5
question_answer Customer Questions and Answers
- I'm going to be ordering ball joints, away-bar end links .. ect.. are these Moog parts all equipped with polyurethane rubber.
- Moog uses Neoprene on most of their items. Neoprene is a family of synthetic rubbers that are produced by polymerization of chloroprene. Neoprene exhibits good chemical stability and maintains flexibility over a wide temperature range. Some of the eir items have the new Thermoplastic which is very similar to polyurethane. ...see more
- What specs can you provide for the moog-k80996?
- Part number moog-k80996 has an outer diameter of 2.24 inches.
- Moog-K80996 - 07 Chrysler 300 - Do you have a specific tool to set the lower ball joint k80996 ?
- Moog-K80996 - Ball joint tool for this vehicle would be part number T80275. This is great for both professionals and DIYers. Designed to work for cars and trucks.