add_shopping_cart Suggested Parts 3keyboard_arrow_down
lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
Moog fulfills their warranty through their individual dealers. That means that in order to receive warranty support, you will have to refer back to the original dealer you purchased the part from. Be sure to check the dealer's warranty support before you buy the part to make sure that they will properly support the warranty. If a dealer will only refer you back to the manufacturer in order to receive warranty support, then you may not actually have any warranty at all.
Moog Premium Steering Components carry a Limited Lifetime Warranty. Moog R-Series Control Arms, Hub Assemblies, and Strut Assemblies carry a 3 Year Warranty.
Moog warranties their parts to be free of defects in materials and/or workmanship during these timeframes as measured from the date of purchase.
If a Moog part should fail due to materials or manufacturing defect while under warranty, we will provide a replacement of the part upon return of the defective part.
moog-ds800982a | Complete Tie Rod End Assembly | 07-16 Jeep Wrangler JK
Complete Tie Rod End Assembly 2007-2016 Jeep Wrangler JK
If you want to upgrade the steering of your 07-16 Wrangler JK then you might scour online catalogs looking for all the parts you want, or you could let the folks at Moog do the work for you and pick up a Tie Rod End Assembly. The new tie rod and drag link in this assembly come with the tie rod ends, adjusting sleeves, and stabilizer bracket already installed just waiting to be put on your Jeep.
The Answer to Steering Play
Worn tie rod ends can cause your steering to wander and play in the steering wheel. Uneven tire wear can be an inconvenience, but if your Jeep is drifting to the left or right as you're heading down Hwy 377 toward Fort Worth then you want to get that fixed. The ball joints in the original tie rod ends are usually the first component of your steering linkage to wear out and leave you with loose steering. If you inspect those ball joints and notice excessive play then you should replace them.
Moog's Tie Rod Assembly is an excellent DIY solution for replacing all of your worn steering linkage parts or upgrading your steering experience. The assembly will provide you with new rods and pre-installed tie rod ends that perform better than the originals. Simply install the assembly and align.
Better than the Originals
This complete tie rod assembly for 07-16 Jeep Wrangler JKs includes their Problem Solver Tie Rod Ends which contain the gusher bearing, grease zerk fittings, and pressed-in cover plate and Belleville washer. The gusher bearing ensures that lubricant can reach the entire ball joint and the pressed-in cover plate prevents binding and extends the life of the part.
There are several features included with this tie rod assembly, one of which is assured fitment. Once you begin taking parts off of your Jeep you don't want to get to the end of the project and find out that one of your tie rod ends won't fit your year model Jeep Wrangler JK. Fitment of these parts is guaranteed and DST will handle any warranty issues in-house to save you any hassle.
question_answer Customer Questions and Answers
- What is the length of ds800982a?
- The length of part number moog-ds800982a is 57.5 inches.
- Do you have a kit or could you build a kit?
- This is what we have available for your Jeep: https://www.suspension.com/moog-ds800982a
- What size diameter are the rods and what alloy are they? Are they us made ?
- The tie rod length is 57.500 we won't know the country they are made in until we have an order and can then look at the box for country of origin since Moog manufactures their parts in 16 different countries.
- Does the MOOG ds8000982a come with all 4 rod ends?
- Yes it does
- What are the tie rod end part numbers in kit number ds800982a?
- For kit number ds800982a, the tie rod ends are part numbers es800594, ds300043, and ds300005
- Will part number ds800982a fit a right hand drive 2009 Jeep Wrangler JK?
- No, part number ds800982a will not fit the 2009 Jeep Wrangler JK right hand drive.