lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
Moog fulfills their warranty through their individual dealers. That means that in order to receive warranty support, you will have to refer back to the original dealer you purchased the part from. Be sure to check the dealer's warranty support before you buy the part to make sure that they will properly support the warranty. If a dealer will only refer you back to the manufacturer in order to receive warranty support, then you may not actually have any warranty at all.
Moog Premium Steering Components carry a Limited Lifetime Warranty. Moog R-Series Control Arms, Hub Assemblies, and Strut Assemblies carry a 3 Year Warranty.
Moog warranties their parts to be free of defects in materials and/or workmanship during these timeframes as measured from the date of purchase.
If a Moog part should fail due to materials or manufacturing defect while under warranty, we will provide a replacement of the part upon return of the defective part.
Moog's u-joints are precision-ground to the strictest of tolerances, with quality-control inspection at every step in manufacturing.
Moog Universal Joints
The ultimate drivetrain addition
DST would like to introduce you to the ultimate drivetrain addition. Machined to meet or exceed original equipment standards, Moog premium universal joints are another addition to Moog's total undercar solutions. Moog's u-joints are precision-ground to the strictest of tolerances, with quality-control inspection at every step in manufacturing.
Problem solver technology
Moog's u-joints feature bearing cups that are cold-formed and case-hardened, providing for better strength and less wear than O.E. The superior quality seals are charged with keeping harmful road contaminants out and keeping the proper lubrication on the u-joint.
Long lasting life
These driveline components are equipped with high strength steel crosses to exceed OE specifications, and are carburized heat-treated to ensure long life. Moog includes a zerk grease fitting in the cross body for easy maintenance. The bearing cups feature a 360 degree radial design to allow even lubricant distribution to the bearing surface. Also featured are needle bearings, providing maximum load-carrying capabilities.
Moog backs their u-joints with a lifetime warranty, which can be handled directly through our DST customer service team. If you have any other questions be sure to give us a call.
question_answer Customer Questions and Answers
- Is The Moog 285 u joint the same dimensions as the 430 u joint?
- The 285 and 430 u-joints are 2 different sizes. Here are the dimensions for 285 ujoint: Bearing cap OD 1.142 all four and cross length inside lock to inside lock is 2.047 and ujoint 430: bearing cap OD 1.063 with no groove and outside to outside of bearing cap is 2.375 and grooved bearing cap OD 1.125 and inside to inside groove length is 3.218. ...see more
- Am I able to purchase the rings separately? I lost mine.
- No, Moog does not sell their rings separately from the u-joints.
- Where does the zerk/grease fitting install into the u joint on the 285. is it in the bearing cap or in the + shape of the body
- The zerk fitting goes in the cap