lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
Moog fulfills their warranty through their individual dealers. That means that in order to receive warranty support, you will have to refer back to the original dealer you purchased the part from. Be sure to check the dealer's warranty support before you buy the part to make sure that they will properly support the warranty. If a dealer will only refer you back to the manufacturer in order to receive warranty support, then you may not actually have any warranty at all.
Moog Premium Steering Components carry a Limited Lifetime Warranty. Moog R-Series Control Arms, Hub Assemblies, and Strut Assemblies carry a 3 Year Warranty.
Moog warranties their parts to be free of defects in materials and/or workmanship during these timeframes as measured from the date of purchase.
If a Moog part should fail due to materials or manufacturing defect while under warranty, we will provide a replacement of the part upon return of the defective part.
Wearable RUBBER parts are not covered under warranty (Dust boots, bushings, bump stops, etc.)
Moog Pitman Arms
Pitman arms are designed to connect your steering box to your center link or drag link. The force you apply when turning your steering wheel travels through the pitman arm and is then used to move the links and rotate your wheels. As the proverbial "middle man" of your steering system, the pitman arm is incredibly important. A worn pitman arm will have an obvious affect on your handling. Sloppy or unresponsive steering, as well as wobbling and vibrations while driving, are common signs of a worn pitman arm. Moog offers its series of pitman arms, all made to meet or exceed OE specifications. Crafted as solid, one-piece components, Moog's pitman arms are well equipped to both outperform and outlast the OE. By upgrading to a Moog pitman arm, you'll not only restore your vehicle's steering performance, but you'll also make it last much longer. Additionally, Moog covers all of their pitman arms with a lifetime warranty handled in-house here at DST.
*Some kits include all new hardware including castle nut, cotter pin, etc. If you need new hardware check to be sure it is included in the kit.
question_answer Customer Questions and Answers
- Will this fit with a 6 inch lift?
- If you have an OEM pitman arm the moog-k6536 should fit.
- How do I tell if my pitman arm is 3 spline or 4 spline without taking it off?
- You do not have to remove the pitman arm. Remove the big nut that retains the pitman arm to the steering gear output shaft. You will be able to tell if you have a 3 or 4 groove pitman arm.
- Can I purchase the hardware for part number K6536 separately from the part?
- No, Moog does not sell the hardware separately from their parts.
- Are there any installation instructions for part number k6536?
- Yes, you can get the installation instructions for part number k6536 at https://fme-cat.com/livedocs/AXCF4374.pdf